Curried Lamb Chops
We’ve loved seeing our community come up with dishes marrying our spice pastes with hearty, meaty dishes. Whether it’s chicken, beef or lamb, slathered with a sauce made of our Red Curry, Rendang, or Laksa, there is definitely a riotous love for hearty, spice-forward dishes in all of you. So, to feed this incessant adoration, here’s another recipe that we’re raving about — Curried Lamb Chops!
The process follows a few simple steps — marinate the protein, sear it off, sauté up a sauce made of our spice kits (we recommend the Rendang for a classic, hearty meal, or the Red Curry for a brighter dish), then plop the meat into the sauce to simmer slowly until tender. With lamb chops especially, the simmering process can be done in less than 10 minutes, giving you a relatively quick meal with all the ravishing flavor of our red curry or rendang!
- Recipe by Phillip Tang
Curried Lamb Chops
- 1 pack Homiah Indonesian Rendang Kit or Malaysian Red Curry Kit (there are 2 kits per pouch)
- 4 lamb chops
- 2 tbsp (30ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut milk
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves picked and roughly chopped (optional)
- Marinate the lamb chops with 1/2 of the Homiah Spice Kit. Rub it around to completely coat the lamb, and let it rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Then, when you’re ready to cook, heat the vegetable oil in a cast iron pan over medium-high heat, then sear the lamb chops for 2-3 minutes on each side until they’re nicely browned and caramelized. When done, remove the lamb chops from the pan.
- Next, turn the heat down to medium-low, and in the same pan, add the garlic and shallot to sweat for 2-3 minutes. Then, add in the tomatoes and the remainder of the spice kit, and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add the coconut milk to it, give it a stir, and add the lamb chops back into the pan. Simmer this for 6-8 minutes, until the sauce turns thick and the lamb is tender.
- When done, transfer the lamb chops to a large plate, sauce and all, and top with a blizzard of chopped cilantro.